- I organise existing opinions, definitions, maxims, facts, phrases, images and quotations.
- These arrangements allow the reader to make new connections.
- Gnomic paragraphs encourage exploration.
- The average attention span is in decline.
- Brevity consists in the concise and exact use of words in writing or speech.
- I number my paragraphs because it makes me feel like Ludwig Wittgenstein.
- I realise that James Joyce has gone as far as one can in the direction of knowing more and being in control of one’s material. I realise that my own way is in impoverishment, lack of knowledge, taking away and subtracting rather than in adding.
- Tongue-in-cheek is a figure of speech used to imply that a statement or other production is humorously or otherwise not seriously intended and should not be taken at face value.
» News » NOTES ON MY UNUSUAL STYLE: