A whole range of intern and voluntary opportunities are available at Guerilla Galleries (London) for the right individuals – it might not suit all.
Guerilla Galleries work closely with universities to offer support to students wishing to move into the creative industries. In addition to workshops and one-to-ones, it offers a fully immersive practical experience in areas specific to the individuals desired point of entry. There are also post-graduate opportunities too. These include:
- Innovative project development, management and execution
- Artist management, exhibitor selection and business development
- Collaboration and artist relationship management
- Developing project partners and cultivating sponsorship
- Brand development, marketing, press relations and promotion
- Curator; project delivery on a shoestring budget to deadline
- Communication and content management
All placements/interns/volunteers, graduates are in involved in real-world modern art gallery operations. There is no tea-making or filing to do, unless of course it’s part of a team exercise. While there is some floor management and invigilating, participants do have a genuine chance to cut their teeth in a working environment where their input matters on live projects, shows, events and guerilla art incursions. This is not for the faint hearted.
Past participants have come from: UCL, UAL (Camberwell, Chelsea, Wimbledon), Goldsmiths, Bristol, Sussex, London Metropolitan, Farnham, UEL, Central St.Martins, Karlshochschule International University (Germany) and Université de Montpellier (France) amongst others.